XC Tracer II
XC Tracer II is the succesor of XC Tracer, a proven and reliable flight instrument for paraglider pilots. Many pilots use XC Tracer for competitions and for long XC flights. The time-lag free indication of the climb/sink rate using beeping tones makes it much easier to find and core thermals then when using a conventional variometer.
You can use XC Tracer II also as an IGC logger, the IGC files are accepted by FAI for paragliding competitions. There is a lithium polymer battery built in, when fully charged the battery has enough energy to power XC Tracer for more than 20h hours without sunshine. The battery will get charged with power from the high efficiency solar cells during the flight, but you can charge the battery also over the Micro USB cable that is shipped with XC Tracer II. There is also a Bluetooth Low Energy BLE 4.0 module built in. You can configure the BLE strings that you want to send to your phone, tablet or e-reader using a simple configuration file. And of course does the variometer indicate the climb / sink rate with beeping tones. And the good thing is that you can modify the tone settings as you wish, please check the tone simulator here.
- 57.5 x 57.5 x 17.5mm.
- Weight is only 60g
- Solar cell with 22.5% efficiency
- 20h+ battery autonomy without sunshine
- 9-DOF IMU LSM9DS1
- MS5637 Pressure Sensor
- MAX-8Q GPS module, SBAS enabled at 5Hz
- BMD-300 BLE module, iOS and Android compatible
- 3 led for status indication
- 800mAh LiPo battery with low discharge protection circuit
- LiPo charger integrated
- ARM Cortex-M4F STM32L476RE Processor
- Easy solution for non-programmers to update firmware over USB / drag & drop
- SanDisk Ultra microSDHC 8 GB
- 3 Micro USB cables
- Swiss Engineering